4.25.2010

And here we go.

I'm unconvinced staring at the computer for 20 min. wondering what to write is the best start to a blog. 

...

Well then, how about a brief overview of my life as written above?

The Scare List: 
i decided one day i was going to further my culinary prowess by baking/cooking one thing each week that 'scares' me - something i've been too intimidated to prepare in the past, whether because it seems to complicated or time consuming, requires unfamiliar or "exotic" ingredients, never had it before, last time i tried it was a complete disaster, etc. I started May 25th, 2009 and still have yet to complete the original list (so, clearly that 'once a week' thing is working out splendidly).  Trouble is, i keep finding new fascinations to add to the list! I think a Part 2 is in order...

Moving on. 

Cute Baby:
 

Tea and coffee:
Self explanatory. 

Making a house a home: 
Before

When we moved into our new home, the paint colors were marigold yellow, lime green, burnt orange, hot pink, and dark brown. There were piles of dirt under the carpet, a broken furnace, and boogers on the walls. Just being in there made my skin crawl.  Two months and cans of Lysol later, we're in the house, but it still has a lot of work to be done. 

During

True love:
These fellas. 

Theatre:

















The cast of Cosi Fan Tutte, also my kindred spirits. 

Gardening:
I finally have a real garden! Ok, actually i have 4! One inside on my windowsill comprised of basil, chocolate mint, mint, a venus flytrap, and an orchid. Another outside with strawberries, grapes, rhubarb, lettuce, cucumber, peas, carrots, and tomatoes. One in another section of the yard with sweet basil, dill, rosemary, and chives and finally one out front with tulips, hyacinth, peonies, jumping jacks, daffodils, and a rose bush. We'll see if they all make it. 

Teaching:
My classroom. 
I'm a performing arts director. Simply, i teach 4-12 theatre, conduct the 9-12 choir, and direct the K-12 play. 
It's intense and wonderful. 

Other various sorts of craftiness:
The 'etc'. Photography, sewing, my husbands woodwork, books, learning to refurbish furniture, finally coming up with a name for the pet fish, and other such nonsense. 


And here we go. 

4 comments:

  1. We are blog buddies! I love this:)
    However, I did not know about the boogers. I do not love that this is the first new piece of information this blog has bought me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmymymy. I LOVE this. I laughed out loud on MORE than one occasion. You're so witty! I am so excited to read about boogers on the walls, the naming of the pet goldfish, your theatre thoughts, scare list triumphs, and all other items of loveliness that I expect to encounter. Yayforthisday!

    ReplyDelete